What we do:
- We provide information services for members on European and national policy and regulatory developments of interest.
- We provide a platform for members to network and find common policy approaches to advancing the digital economy. We represent members views, concerns and queries with relevant national and international policy makers and influencers.
- Deliver initiatives that assist members' awareness, understanding and compliance efforts with GDPR and enable engagement on horizontal policy issues related to the GDPR.
How Ibec develops digital economic policy
Digital economic policy in Ibec is formulated through the Digital Economy Policy Committee. The cross sectoral committee meets on a quarterly basis and is chaired by Alastair Blair, Country Managing Director for Accenture Ireland.
The committee's mission is to lead, shape and promote policy and conditions for a globally competitive digital economy that delivers jobs, growth and prosperity in Ireland.
The scope of the committee's work includes:
- building awareness of the opportunities presented by digital;
- promoting better regulation and policy coherence to embrace digital opportunities securely; and
- building capacities for a globally competitive digital economy in Ireland, including: digital skills, entrepreneurship, innovation and investment in digital technology and infrastructure etc.
- a fixed-term, cross-sectoral 'GDPR taskforce' where members can engage on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation and associated issues.
To read about Ibec views on the digital economy, please click on the attached links on the left hand side.